Before Dental Anesthesia
Ready to Make an Appointment?
Contact Us Today!
Before Intravenous Dental Anesthesia:
Please follow the steps below before your Intravenous Dental Anesthesia (Sedation) in our San Diego office.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, flu, or upset stomach, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Here you will find our policy on Advance Health Care Directives and Living Wills, as well as an AHCD information sheet.
Learn more about why Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are uniquely capable to administer anesthesia.
Attended to me carefully before, during, and after surgery.